Omega-3 is one of the most common types of essential fats in the body. Normally, the human body can gets this important fat from the regular consumption of food. The omega-3 fatty acids are highly present in the following sources of food such as flax seeds, vegetable oils, flax seed oil, fish, nuts such as walnuts and also the leafy vegetables. These essential fatty acids are an integral part of the cell membranes in the entire body, which normally affects the cell receptor’s function in the membranes. Due to these effects, it has proven to help people from preventing the stroke, heart disease, cancer and also other conditions.
Basically, the omega-3 fatty acids belong to the group of three important fats known as polysaturated fats. According to the researches, you have found high amount of omega-3 fats in the seafood, so it is recommended to intake at least once per week. This fatty acid has included numerous benefits such as reduce the risk of heart disease and its related deaths. These fatty acids are not only limited to the fish, but also found in so many vegetable such as nuts, oils, seeds and also in soy foods. Among these, the fish contains two essential omega-3 fatty acids such as DHA and EPA.
How does it help your health?
When it comes to fat, one type of fats that you do not need to cut down in your diet is omega-3 fatty acids. You can mostly found this fat acid in fish as well as in the plant sources such as seeds and nuts. It is not only helpful for maintaining your body, but also delivers some amazing health benefits. This fatty acid can greatly help to sustain your health in the following ways that include:
- The fish oil supplements can help to reduce the joint pain as well as stiffness.
- The omega-3 supplements are really helpful for boosting the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs.
- According to the researchers, it has reduced the high level of depression and also raises the effects of antidepressants.
- The presence of DHA in omega-3 fatty acids can play a vital role in the baby development such as neurological development in the infants.
- It also lowers the inflammation and be a major components in curing asthma.
- It also greatly supports in improving the mental skills, learning, thinking ability and also remembering for the kids.
- It also helps to protect the dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids
The omega-3 fatty acids are very crucial for the overall health benefits. Moreover, the omega-3 fatty acids may also associate with the powerful health benefits such as,
- The omega-3 fatty acids can fight against the anxiety and depression
- It helps to improve your eye vision
- It is very important for the infant developments and brain growth
- Improve the communication and social skills
- Reduce the risk of developmental delay